Monday, January 26, 2015

Bi Bim Bap, Half-Birthday, and Oysters

Julia is launching a radio show on Arouse with her friend Caitlyn. They will feature Indie music. It sounds like a lot of fun and she's already met more cool people to hang out with and learn the biz. Stay tuned... more info to come.

Julia went to Diaspora (Korean restaurant) for some bi bim bap and also the nearby staple, Panera. Congrats on her efforts this past week to eat more healthfully, to exercise regularly, and to go to bed at a reasonable time. Yes, music to parents' ears.

I tried smoked oysters for the first time--at my desk, straight from the tin--and loved them! I had to avoid looking at the oysters; the shape and color was quite off-putting. However, I did enjoy the taste and texture. I'm not ready for raw, but I would definitely order them smoked. Baby steps.

Julia's half-birthday was January 25. She is officially 18 1/2. These half birthdays are important to summer babies, who never get to celebrate the event while in/at school.
 





No comments:

Post a Comment