Tuesday, November 19, 2019

Turkey Try and Liver Jerky

As soon as I saw Trader Joe's advertising that their fresh turkeys were coming November 15--I knew what we would be having for dinner that night! I got a nearly 12-pound bird. It was delicious, but not quite as good as from Wagshal's local turkey farmer. For our Thanksgiving dinner, we will be getting an all-natural, heritage turkey from Wagshal's in the range of 14-16 lbs. Will it be enough??? I made beef liver jerky--so good! I went to the Dupont Farmer's Market and restocked from Smith Meadows Farms--this time lamb liver, chicken backs, beef short ribs, steak, pork sausage. Julia has been studying for the GRE exam and took care of Leela for a couple of days. Steven is almost done with his dissertation--super happy and excited that he has been able to work on this despite his migraines.


No comments:

Post a Comment