Saturday, September 3, 2022

State Fair and Book Festival

Two very different events, but equally fun. Julia, Sanath (drummer in the band), and Colin went to the Minnesota State Fair. It is literally down the street from her apartment. The traffic down Como Avenue has been unrelenting and she doesn't dare move her car without the threat of losing a good parking spot. Julia reassured me that she only had one of the cookies out of the overflowing bucket they bought. She also shared some healthy food that she made--chili and Mediterranean salad.

I went to the Library of Congress National Book Festival at the Convention Center. It is so nice to be surrounded by others who love books and reading. It took everything within me not to buy a purse made out of a book binder and blue cloth. Seriously--if I carried a purse ever, I would have bought it. 











No comments:

Post a Comment