Sunday, June 18, 2023

Last Few Days and the Research Journey Begins

We enjoyed an extended time with Julia and Benjamin. It was also sweet to visit with Mariam on her way back to Plymouth. Then Julia jetted off to Seattle, and they drove into British Columbia, Canada. As of today, they are waiting for better weather (traveling via helicopter) to make camp up on Mount Waddington. She'll be there for at least three weeks to drill for ice cores. Exciting! She brought a portable watercolor set (I think inspired by her Uncle Chad) with her when/if they have downtime. 

Steven and I celebrated 22 years of marriage on June 15. I'm so thankful to have such a solid rock by my side.

I visited the site of Chad's accident, and the memorial from his condo building is still there. :( The stained glass window that Jackie had made for Chad was hanging in his window. I'm so happy we can return that to Dave and Jackie Raszeja.







No comments:

Post a Comment