Friday, July 30, 2021

The Big Five-O

It was a hard number to swallow, but one of the best celebrations given the circumstances. I received some amazing gifts this year--and this is saying a lot since I didn't think I needed anything. The Nats game was a lot of fun with the Sarrges, plus going out to the Greek restaurant Eugenia (thanks, Lisa & Tony!). Yum. Mom gave me a check, which I deposited and immediately spent at Madewell, purchasing a lovely silver choker necklace. Julia bought me a deluxe stroller for the cats--quietly embracing our crazy catness as empty nesters. Steven bought me a walking treadmill for under my desk in the office. Why would I want to work anywhere else? Julia's friend Sarah was here for the festivities and she gave me a gift card to my favorite butcher. Sweet! Brenda sent me Delft Blue treasures and some salt/pepper from Maine. I even met up with my wifey, Magda, who gifted me some lovely garments. I am so thankful and feel so blessed to have a wonderful family and dear friends. 






No comments:

Post a Comment